Wednesday 23 July 2014

Gearing Up for the Ride

Being one of the toughest sports out there, +Enduro Trail Riding requires you to have comfortable safety gear that offers suitable protection for the ride you are going on.

Shoei Helmets
Over the years we have tried and tested every brand name in riding gear you can get, I have found some of the brands and big names cost a lot of money but don't deliver the value.  I personally prefer the +Shoei Helmet, they are expensive but for good reason. They are all still hand made something the other brands are not, they are a perfect fit and they are wind tunnel tested so you get what you pay for.

I use the Sidi Crossfire Boots I have found these to be the most comfortable, supported boot made plus they are great wearing and don't fall apart, again they are not cheap but if you ride a lot and want to have the best protection these are the way to go for me. I have had some good crashes and walked away from everyone of them.

Sidi Crossfire
I wear CTI knee braces supplied by Stephen Gall, Knee braces are something a lot of people dont wear, I was the same never wore them just had knee guards, until one day I had a small fall on my leg snapped the ACL and that was that, knee braces would have prevented that but it's always the way it is only after the accident you get them, again there are many brands out there but I go back to my motto you get what you pay for, get the best ones you can afford this is better than a knee reconstruction and time off work which will cost you a lot more money.

 For pants and jersey I get the most comfortable I can find, it 
may be Oneil+Fox Racing, Thor or another brand but make sure they are well vented.
CTI Knee Braces
Fox Jersey
























Remember which ever gear you decide to go for, it must be well fitted and comfortable. I look forward to having you come test your gear out on one of our 8 day Cairns to Cape York adventure rides at +Fair Dinkum Bike Tours 

Happy Trails,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment